The Clergy Growth and Renewal Fund has been established by The Methodist Foundation for Arkansas to provide financial support for clergy in the Arkansas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church to experience events that promote personal or spiritual growth and perfecting professional skills. These funds are available to Elders, Deacons, and Local Pastors under appointment.
Applications are open to clergy members wishing to participate in programs such as:
- Continuing education at one of the 13 United Methodist seminaries in the United States.
- Individual/personal study leave at one of the 13 United Methodist seminaries in the United States.
- Participation in one of the International Study Cohorts (i.e., Israel, England, Greece).
- Events for spiritual renewal, rest, and reflection.
- Clergy spiritual life retreats or similar programs.
- Organized mission trips
- General applications will be received on January 1, April 1, June 1, and October 1.
- Please note the separate application date for the Israel February 2023 Cohort is Sunday, July, 31, 2022.
- Clergy may apply for these funds every three years.
- Participants will be expected to provide a negotiated portion of the total costs.
- All expenses will be reimbursable.
- Grant awards may be directed to clergy participating in a sabbatical program.
- Grant awards may not be used for a degree program (college, Seminary, or D. Min).
- Clergy may apply for Clergy Growth and Renewal Funds every three years.