For Methodists, our faith and our finances are connected. Each of us makes a promise to support our church with our gifts. We observe that Jesus says more in the Gospels about how we use our money than about prayer. And we heed founder John Wesley’s advice to “earn all you can, save all you can, and give all you can.”
The Methodist Foundation for Arkansas is a nonprofit organization that serves Arkansas United Methodist churches, institutions, and people through the prudent and successful management of financial gifts. Our goal is to help extend the connection between faith and finances beyond our lifetime.
Types of gifts MFA manages:
- Outright cash gifts, securities, or real estate
- Testamentary gifts, such as a bequest in a will
- Life income gifts
- Life estate reserved gifts
- Revocable trusts
We know you have strong passions about your churches’ ministries. The Foundation staff is available to help match this devotion with your churches’ needs. We can:
- Offer advice on giving methods and alternatives
- Assist in estate planning matters and serving as Executor.
- Serve as Trustee of permanent charitable funds benefiting any Methodist church, institution, or other ministries
- Serve as Trustee of life-income gift arrangements and revocable trusts
- Provide free access to resource material on estate planning including brochures, videos, workbooks, and an online will planning program