The Foundation staff is available to present on a variety of topics to your finance committee, trustees, congregants, and supporters. Take a look at our offerings below:
Who is MFA?
Learn ways The Methodist Foundation for Arkansas assists Methodist individuals, local churches, and institutions through a free seminar. Hear information on:
- Endowment funds that can benefit United Methodist ministries
- Ways to receive guaranteed, tax-free annual income that benefits United Methodist ministries
- How the Foundation manages investment opportunities
- The Foundation’s “three-legged stool approach” to helping ministry
Got Your Ducks in A Row?
Learn how to provide and protect your family through this free seminar. This seminar follows the popular book, Provide & Protect by Charles Schultz, J.D. and well-known estate planning expert.
Hear an Attorney’s answers to:
- Should you have a will or trust?
- Who is a good guardian for your children?
- When does your healthcare agent make critical decisions for you?
- How can you preserve assets for loved ones?
Attendees will receive a complimentary Wills Guide or learn how to use the FREE Internet Wills Planner account, along with a complimentary copy of the Provide & Protect estate planning book with chapters on many useful topics given by The Methodist Foundation for Arkansas.
The Provide section of this seminar shows you how to make good decisions to help your family in the future. With a good plan you can avoid an accidental disinheritance and leave your family the gift of peace. Come hear about:
- Important Life and Death Decisions
- Helping Children Today and Tomorrow
- Planning for a Difficult Child
- Passing Integrity and Initiative
The Protect section of this seminar explains how you or a family member can make important medical decisions. If you are very ill or have a major medical problem, there are ways to protect you and your property. Learn about:
- Selecting A Person to Make Medical Decisions
- Chronic Illness—Care of Your Person
- Chronic Illness—Care of Your Property
Provide & Protect Benefits seminar benefits:
- There will be an attorney present to answer your questions.
- You will receive a copy of the multimedia book, Provide & Protect.
- Attendees may receive a printed Wills Guide or a complimentary Online Will Planner Account.
Who Should Attend the Provide & Protect Seminar?
- Young adults who need to select a guardian for children.
- Baby Boomers who can update their estate plan during a time of many life changes.
- Seniors who need to have a trusted advocate if they suffer a major illness.
- This seminar is great for young families to select a guardian, for Baby Boomers to update their estate plan and for seniors who need to be certain their medical forms and plans are in order